Bradenton Drunk Driving Accident Attorney

Florida law is very clear on what to do if you are involved in an accident: you must remain at the scene to exchange information with the other parties involved, and do what you can to help anyone who has been injured. Failure to do so is known as a "hit-and-run," and the penalties are severe. They become even more severe if the offender was driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.

Effective, Aggressive Hit-And-Run Defense

If you have been accused or charged with a hit-and-run following a serious accident, please contact me, D. Scott Rieth. I am an experienced defense attorney and former prosecutor with over 20 years of experience. I will use that experience, combined with my knowledge of Florida law and the local law enforcement community, to build an effective defense for you.

What Are The Penalties For A Hit-And-Run?

Because drunk driving and reckless driving are very dangerous, our legal system hands out serious penalties for drivers who act negligently and do not observe the law.

  • Leaving the scene of a crash where a car or other property has been damaged is a misdemeanor, with a penalty of 60 days in jail and/or fine of $500.
  • If the collision involved injuries, leaving the scene is a felony charge; the maximum penalty is 5 years imprisonment and/or a $5000 fine.
  • In the case of a crash involving death (vehicular manslaughter or homicide), that penalty increases to 30 years and/or $10,000.

You need the help of an experienced attorney to face these charges. I can protect your rights and your criminal record, and minimize the long-term consequences. I offer free initial consultations, so it costs you nothing to ask me about your case. Don't wait to contact me - the sooner I can intervene, the better our chances of success.

Call D. Scott Reith Today - Get The Skilled Defense You Deserve

Don't let shame or embarrassment about drunk driving keep you from getting the help you need. For aggressive defense, call me today at 941-404-4192 or 888-352-3179 toll free or complete my contact form.